Roller Course Melbourne
This machine is commonly used on building and civil construction sites. Operators require a certificate of competency.
In this roller course you will learn the skills to conduct roller operations in the civil construction industry. It includes: planning and preparing; conducting machine pre-operational checks; operating a roller; relocating the roller; carrying out machine operator maintenance; and cleaning up.
This course will teach you the skills to:
- Understand roller types and characteristics
- Understand roller capabilities and characteristics
- Understand basic principles of soils
- Calculate safe working loads
- Interpret drawings and sketches
- Apply site and equipment safety requirements
- Carry out basic earthworks calculations
- At the end and upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a roller competency card.
Units of Competency:
RIIMPO317E – Conduct roller operations
Duration - 1-2 days (dependent on experience)
- Flexible delivery
- This course can be delivered to accommodate learning styles and employment arrangements
- Weekday and Weekends available
- Written activities, verbal questions, observation and practical demonstration
- Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally accredited statement of attainment
- Age: Minimum 16 years.
- Fee for service - $550.00 pp
- MultiSkills can also offer V.O.C. (Verification of Competency) options, either on or offsite. Contact us for details.
- Government funding is available to eligible individuals who enrol in the qualification RII30813 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations