Backhoe/Loader Course Melbourne
This machine is commonly used on building and civil construction sites. Operators require a certificate of competency.
In this Backhoe/Loader course you will learn the skills to conduct backhoe/loader operations in the civil construction industry. It includes: planning and preparing; conducting machine pre-operational checks; operating backhoe/ loaders; lifting, carrying and placing materials; selecting, removing and fitting attachments; relocating the backhoe/ loaders; carrying out machine operator maintenance; and cleaning up.
This course will teach you the skills to:
- Understand backhoe/ loader types and characteristics
- Understand backhoe/loader capabilities and characteristics
- Understand basic principles of soils
- Calculate safe working loads
- Operate the backhoe/loader and use attachments
- Interpret drawings and sketches
- Apply site and equipment safety requirements
- Carry out basic earthworks calculations
- At the end and upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a backhoe/loader competency card.
Units of Competency:
- RIIMPO319E - Conduct backhoe/loader operations
Duration - 1-2 days (dependent on experience)
- Flexible delivery
- This course can be delivered to accommodate learning styles and employment arrangements
- Weekday and Weekends available
Written activities, verbal questions, observation and practical demonstration
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally accredited statement of attainment
- Age: Minimum 16 years.
- Fee for service - $850.00 pp
- Government funding is available to eligible individuals who enrol in the qualification RII30813 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- MultiSkills can also offer V.O.C. (Verification of Competency) options, either on or offsite. Contact us for details.
MultiSkills wants you to succeed. That’s why on all of our courses, if you require a reassessment we will offer this at no additional cost. The reassessment must be booked and completed within 30 days of your original course date. If you do not attend your reassessment within the 30 day period you will need to pay a $200 reassessment fee.