Skid Steer Loader Course
This machine is commonly used on building and civil construction sites. Operators require a certificate of competency.
In this Skid Steer Loader course you will learn the skills to conduct skid steer loader operations in the civil construction industry. It includes: planning and preparing; conducting machine pre-operational checks; operating skid steer loaders; lifting, carrying and placing materials; selecting, removing and fitting attachments; relocating the skid steer loaders; carrying out machine operator maintenance; and cleaning up.
This course will teach you the skills to:
- Understand skid steer loader types and characteristics
- Understand skid steer loader capabilities and limitations
- Understand basic principles of soils
- Calculate safe working loads
- Operate the skid steer loader and use attachments
- Interpret drawings and sketches
- Apply site and equipment safety requirements
- Carry out basic earthworks calculations
Units of Competency:
- RIIMPO318E - Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
Duration - 1-2 days (dependent on experience)
- Flexible delivery
- This course can be delivered to accommodate learning styles and employment arrangements
- Weekday and Weekends available
- Written activities, verbal questions, observation and practical demonstration
- Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally accredited statement of attainment
Age: Minimum 15 years and 9 months
- Fee for service - $850 pp
- MultiSkills can also offer V.O.C. (Verification of Competency) options, either on or offsite. Contact us for details.
- Government funding is available to eligible individuals who enrol in the qualification RII30813 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
MultiSkills wants you to succeed. That’s why on all of our courses, if you require a reassessment we will offer this at no additional cost. The reassessment must be booked and completed within 30 days of your original course date. If you do not attend your reassessment within the 30 day period you will need to pay a $200 reassessment fee.